Sheridan-Miller + Associates (SMA) is an Architectural and Interior Design practice based in Sydney’s Northern Suburbs offering professional architectural services throughout metropolitan Sydney and regional NSW.
- Principal – Irene Sheridan-Miller
- Bachelor of Architecture with Honours, University of New South Wales.
- Cert IV Building and Construction (Building)
- Chartered Architect (NSW Registration No. 8392)
The practice specialises in small to medium sized residential projects, designing custom houses that are aesthetically beautiful, modern, carefully crafted and which also incorporate all the expectations of environmentally sustainable architecture.
Irene’s experience also allows the practice to engage in the design of efficient and state of the art commercial, retail and hospitality fitouts.
SMA has recently completed a number of projects ranging from major alterations and additions to existing houses to new houses in Newtown, Leichhardt, Chatswood, Denistone and Ryde.
We are also engaged in the design, documentation, tendering and contract administration of several duplexes in the Eastwood and Ryde area.
Learn more about the role of the architect within your building project.
Irene Sheridan-Miller, the principal of the practice has over 20 year of experience within the architectural profession since graduating from the University of New South Wales in 1992. She is highly skilled in all aspects of architectural practices including:
- Schematic design
- CAD drafting
- Design development
- Obtaining approvals
- Preparing documentation for building construction
- Negotiating contracts
- Contract Administration
- Site visits
- Architects Instructions and Certification
Previous to the establishment of Sheridan-Miller + Associates in 2010, Irene has worked as a senior architect in a number of major practices in Sydney including the award winning practice PMDL Architecture and Design for a period of 7 years. Irene worked on a range of medium to large scale commercial, education, hospitality and retail projects.
View previous experience
- Australian Radio Networks Headquarters North Ryde NSW – fitout for two floors including offices and broadcasting studios
- Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park Administration Building, Military Road Matraville
- Hoyts Cinemas new and refurbishments NSW, Vic, SA and Qld
- Aero247 8 storey commercial building, Mascot
- Aerokids Childcare Centre Childcare, Mascot
- Xavier College, Penrith NSW
- Bicentennial Park Function and Exhibition Centre, Homebush
- Pymble Ladies College Centre for Performing Arts
- Aldi Stores, Australia
- Duty Free Shopping, Cairns
- Sunglass Huts
From 2006-2010, Irene worked at Andre Porebski and Associates, a practice in Chippendale, Sydney. The practice specialises in high end residential projects. Irene was involved in design development, documentation for approval, negotiations with Council through to construction and completion.
- 2 storey new beach front house in Pearl Beach, NSW (The Block House) Link: http://www.archdaily.com/487349/block-house-porebski-architects
- Refurbishment of an apartment in Wolseley Road, Point Piper, Sydney
- 2 storey new waterfront house in Longueville, Sydney
- New house with retained Victorian cottage brick façade, link to existing studio at rear of site, Annandale, Sydney
- 3 storey heritage conservation area Edwardian warehouse refurbishment, fitout and upgrade, Chippendale, Sydney
- New administration building including fitout and landscaped courtyard for the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth, Marayong, Sydney